Simple tips for Better Travel Pictures

Do your friends and relatives beg to see your travel pictures? Or do they suddenly get very busy when you mention a slide show?
Follow this blog to find out how to take, share, and preserve wonderful memories with the photos from your special trip. These tips are for the traveler who uses a simple point and shoot digital camera and keeps it on the automatic setting most of the time.



Saturday, January 7, 2012

Capturing Culture with Pictures of Food






What are your reasons for taking pictures when you travel?  First, I want the memories - to be able to experience my trip over and over again as I look through my photo book.  Secondly, I want to share new found cultural knowledge with others through my travel photos.  It wasn't until I started traveling with a friend who never missed an opportunity to take a picture of food that I realized how important it was to capture that memory too.
I had no idea what kind of food I would eat in Turkey, and took along plenty of granola bars - just in case.  To my surprise, the freshness and variety of the fruits and vegetables in a country that has enough different climates to grow about anything put Turkey at the top of my dining experiences.  Breakfasts of creamy yogurt, sweetened with honey I squeezed directly from the honey comb and topped with sesame seeds, pomegranates juiced to order, huge "fastfood" vegetable-topped baked potatoes for lunch, incredible chocolate and ice cream carts in abundance meant I never went hungry.  The Turkey slide show just would not have been complete without some pictures of food.

Ice Cream!!
Fresh Fruit:
 The Turkish Bagel:
 The incredible outdoor spice market in Istanbul: